9.23.2011

Claire-a-dactle


It’s been a few months since the last update on the pixie chubbs. Needless to say she has become a completely different baby in the last few months. She is so fun right now and we are loving how she is starting to understand, react and communicate in her own little expressive way.

It’s interesting how we think every new little stage of hers is our favorite . That is until she hits the next stage and we fall in love all over again. Yep, we are still smitten. I actually worry sometimes about having child #2. This sounds awful, but there are days where I have anxiety about having another baby because I can’t imagine loving another child as much as Claire. Yet, at the same time I of course know that I want more children. I guess it will all work out and my heart will grow or something. I hope some of you veteran parents have felt this way before or perhaps I am a heartless matron.

Dear # 2, 


Sorry in advance.

Love, Mom 


Anyway, back to # 1. She is crawling and cruising all over the place and is days away from taking her first steps. We aren’t encouraging that too much, because she is wild and we know she is going to be all over the place. Also, I feel like once babies are walking, they aren’t your babies anymore. And that would mean it’s time for # 2 and you know how I feel about that (see above). 

People say she is a nice mix looks-wise of me and Niels. We still don't see a ton of resemblance on either part. Although, one day I was about to claim some of her features... until the lady at story time asked me if I was her nanny. 

I still can’t get over how brown she is. I slather her in 200 SPF, she wears a sun hat and sits in a canopy pool float and she is still somehow glitz-pageant bronze. The best part about it all is folding back all her leg rolls and seeing white inside. 

Her newest bag of tricks include: clapping, waving like Miss America, covering her eyes and “hiding” when asked “Where’s Claire?", standing/balancing for long periods of time. 

Current favorite pastimes: books, swings, big dogs, dad & anything involving water.






7 comments:

Jill said...

oh, I love that picture of claire in her swimsuit! She totally is growing up! I need to see you guys!

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

Thanks, Baugh. I feel a lunch coming on this Saturday.

Ryan said...

Thanks for posting these pics Suz...can't wait to squeeze that kid when I come back to visit

Shea said...

Dear Claire,
My thighs look like that in my swimsuit too. So I fear you don't look like your mom or your dad but more like auntie Shea.

Faith Garff said...

so cute!

noelle said...

oh my gosh. i. love. her.

Matt and Becca said...

Oh she is so cute!!