My name is Susie Jensen, and I'm a Targetaholic.
Niels recently decided that he wants to start keeping track of our daily spending by writing down what we buy everyday. He explains that by doing this we can have a better idea of where the majority of our money is going, and that we can create a budget accordingly.
Not that I am a big and frivolous spender by any means, but nonetheless I still dread the nightly question . . . "What did you buy today honey?" I don't loathe it because I think Niels will be angry, or because I have bought a bunch of useless garbage. Rather, I am embarrassed that 80% of my spending confessions involve Target. (The other 20% being Costco, naturally.)
Am I the only one who goes to Target whenever I am feeling ___________ ? (insert any emotion here.)
It is the one place where I run in to get "a few things" and come out with a new outfit, shoes, and some decoration for the house.
Do you remember being teased/teasing others in junior high school for wearing clothes from Target? Let's just say that I am so thankful for the change of times, and for Target's amazing marketing and PR efforts that have made their clothes and everything else they sell socially acceptable in my adulthood.
Just a side note, I think it's funny that anytime I see someone wearing a red shirt and khaki bottoms anywhere, I immediately associate them with the squad of Target Team Members.
All and all, I am actually looking forward to working on a new budget with Niels. I just really hope we can agree on squeezing in a highly important monthly allocation to the red bulls eye.