10.20.2008

Only a Mother Could Love . . .

I'm feeling kind of shallow and heartless this morning.

This guy found our doorstep last night around 6:30 pm. I tried to shew him a few times, but sure enough at 8 pm, 10 pm, and midnight he was still comfortably situated on our front porch. Pictures do not capture the appearance/scale of this pup too well. He is what appears to be a bad combination of a chihuahua trapped into a rottweilers body. How do I say this nicely . . . well, he is ugly. He looks normal chihauhua sized in these pics, but he is not at all.





I went to bed around 1 am figuring that he would make his way home, if he indeed has one, in the middle of night. I was relieved when I woke up at 7:00 this morning that he was gone.

After returning from my jog this morning, I came home to find the rott-uahua fast asleep on our porch. It pulled my heartstrings a little bit that this guy apparently is a stray and he wants us to take him in. "Of all the fish in the sea, he chose us" type thing. Then he stood up and put his huge, ugly chihuahua ears in the air and it totally killed the tender moment.

I know this sounds shallow, but just like in the dating scene, there has to be some sense of initial attraction or interest in the person. And if it's not there, it's not there. I have paced by my front door about 10 times this morning trying to have a change of heart, and hoping he will look cute to me. No such luck.


I called animal patrol and they said they will be by to get him. It has now been two hours and he is still chilling on my porch. Am I hero for calling the pound in hopes they will take him in and feed him? Perhaps someone will come in and think his unique look is cute? Or, am I the wicked, shallow lady who doesn't want an unattractive housemate?

10 comments:

Berns and Shea said...

you meany...haha. im kidding. bring him to play with Sophie (our lonesome pup). She'd love him even if hes heinous...

Anonymous said...

Oh, his ears and tail are killing me! Don't feel bad. I would have done the same thing! I wonder who he belongs to?

kendal said...

Ugly is ugly and there's nothing you can do about it. Please don't shoo him down the street my way.

Anya said...

I barely like the animals at my house that I personally picked out... let alone an ugly one who wouldn't leave my doorstep.

alexis said...

that is one ugly fella. hey, the heart wants what it wants, and your heart doesn't want that fugly dog. what can you do?

Heather McClellan said...

i love it. and yes, he is ugly.

Carol and Tyler said...

I find it hard to believe you wouldn't scoop this little guy up based on the image that still haunts my nightmares of your cat. Maybe you've learned your lesson about animals who are missing large chunks of flesh or have other infirmities. Darwin did have a point, after all.

Clarke and Kamie said...

ah, he's cute! what is wrong with you?
:)

Sara said...

I first saw the picture and my first reaction was 'please don't let that thing on my couch.' You're not mean at all. Thank goodness for animal control! :)

Dave and Julie said...

I totally laughed at your whole write up and had to read it out loud....Dave broke up too...especially about the rothuahua. but he is kind of cute, and I probably would have taken him in, but our cat would have made mincemeat out of him!