11.17.2008

Lollipop, pop! Duh, dum, dum, dum.

My 8 year-old niece Taylor called me tonight and caught me off guard with, "Hi Aunt Susie, my mom told me that you know a dance to the lollipop song and I wanted to know if you would teach it to me for the talent show tryouts next month."

A brief awkward phone silence followed while I processed what she just said, realizing that she was serious . . .

Of course I do not know a dance to the 50s lollipop song. But of course I TOTALLY pretended like I did so I would not let Taylor down or sacrifice my cool aunt status.

"Oh Taylor, I would love to teach you and 2 friends my special lollipop dance for your tryouts!"


. . . Thanks Sis.

6 comments:

Berns and Shea said...

I can just picture you standing in front of your mirror "practicing" before they come to learn it....This is funny...

noelle said...

that has a dance to go with it? didn't a bunch of boring looking white women sing it? i guess if anyone can make it shimmy it would be you.

Lauren Linford said...

Perhaps a certain hula dance was what Jenny had in mind... Memories of kindergarten eh! :-)

Hannah said...

HILARIOUS. I wish I could witness you teaching them your made up dance. Priceless

jenorme said...

You don't remember the Lollipop dance? Must have been thinking of my other sister. I've seen your mad dancing skills, I know you'll pull through for me.

Anya said...

What a classic mom thing to pull on you. That is funny.